Analytics

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Personal vs. Business Social Media Sites

I feel that there are multiple social media sites out that cater more or less to specific industries.

Facebook, Youtube & LinkedIn are my preferred social media sites to use for business promotion. The reason that I like Facebook is that you are able to make your post as long as you'd like, and if you attach a photo or a video, there is a thumbnail of the image immediately posted with your post. Ideally, this visual will help draw in others to benefit from the content that you post. With LinkedIn, you are able to explain your company, as well as post descriptions of all of your products with videos attached if you choose. YouTube is an incredible platform to connect socially, because in today's culture, people tend to immediately go on-line to search for images or videos of something they are interested in buying. YouTube is a great platform for my company, in that we are able to post videos free of cost and have them available to the online market individuals.

I believe the best personal social media sites are Instagram, Vine, Twitter, and Pinterest. I find that I am interested in posting more personal items on Instagram or Facebook because I feel less responsibly in that it is only personal. Twitter is a great social platform, but I find the 140 character description difficult to handle. Pinterest, is great for images and connecting them to your original website.  Great markets for Pinterest, are ones that keep inventory organized and that post images and links to websites. Unfortunately, those measures wont' cause great success in our market. I do believe that possibly sites that may not be beneficial to some could be the best resource for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment